HELPFUL HINTS TO PREVENT WATER ACCIDENTS:
- Teach your children to swim.
- All parents, babysitters, and guardians should be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Have a telephone within reach at all times when in or around the pool.
- Always watch your children - never assume someone else is watching them.
- Check the pool first if your child is missing - every second counts.
- Teach your children to never swim alone and to ask an adult to watch them swim.
- Remove all toys from the pool and pool area after every use, so children are not tempted to reach out for them.
- Enter headfirst only when the area is clearly marked for diving and has no obstructions.
- Keep rescue equipment near the pool.
- Take precautions with pool covers - children may try to walk over or swim under. They should be removed completely before swimming so children cannot swim under the cover.
- Clean pool water ensures sanitary conditions and high visibility.
- Use layers of protection: pool fences, self-closing and self-latching gates, dead bolts on doors leading to pool, pool alarms, alarms for the doors and windows leading to pools, safety covers for the pool.
For more information click here: